Up until now, Camtasia Studio was the only choice for recording long 5+ minute screencasts or screen recordings. I recently stumbled onto a piece of software (that was already installed on my PC) and performs the same tasks as Camtasia Studio.
The best part? Instead of paying $299 (plus upgrade fees with each version) for Camtasia Studio, you only pay $59 and you get their entire library of software free. Check out my YouTube video for the 1280×720 HD review (shot using the software) or click here to learn more and download a free trial of the software. Highly recommended (I’m using it!)
Camtastia Studio Alternative Features
- It records screencasts in FLV, WMV or AVI format.
- You can edit the movie in the fully-featured Video Editor that’s included.
- Add overlays, multiple audio tracks, music, etc.
- Create transitions.
- You can draw and highlight clicks with visual and audio queues.
- It worked perfectly with my Plantronics USB headset and remained in-sync during the entire recording.
- So much more I can’t even list.
Did I say highly recommended? lol…
If you’re looking for free, screen recording software, check out Screencast-o-matic. Recordings are limited to 15 minutes, though. 🙁