A lot of visitors email me questions regarding the software and services I’m using in my online business. I’ve compiled a list below.
Last updated May 1st, 2016.
Where to Learn About Online Marketing, Traffic Generation and More
There is only one person I can fully recommend. Jimmy Brown. His salespage alone is an education within itself. He’s easy to listen to and the principles he teaches are as sound as ever.
WordPress Plugins & Themes
- Thrive Content Builder: A fantastic WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) ‘drag and drop” plugin that lets you build any type of marketing page such as sales pages, salesletters, squeeze pages, video sales pages, launch pages and more. It makes other page builders look obsolete. It also include Thrive Landing Pages.
- Thrive Leads Plugin: This is a true replacement for OptinMonster. This plugin lets you add all kinds of lightbox popups, inline forms, exit intents, sliding optin forms and content optins to your website to capture visitor email addresses into nearly every email provider out there.
- Thrive Ultimatum: This allows me to show real, expiring countdown timers on WordPress pages or posts. Once the countdown ends, the page is redirected and inaccessible. A great way to boost conversions.
- Easy Redirect Script: Not WordPress, but I use this to cloak all my affiliate links. I don’t like using a WordPress specific plugin because then I need to change my links on dozens of blogs. By using one domain for all my affiliate links, I can make the change in one place and it replicates everywhere instantly. This is a standalone PHP app which keeps your links separate from WordPress.
- S3FlowShield: If you’re planning to embed video/audio or share download links with Amazon S3 on your WordPress pages or posts, S3FlowShield is the best solution. Using simple shortcodes, you can easily protect all your vital content from thieves.
Shopping Cart & Membership Site Software
For the simpler stuff, I use Zaxaa to handle my shopping cart, upsell/downsell funnels, downloads, and basic membership needs. I can launch new products within a few minutes (instead of hours or days) with their easy step-by-step wizard.
For more complicated business models with 1-2 tier affiliate needs and enterprise level requirements, I highly recommend Nanacast. This is an absolutely amazing product strictly created for digital marketers.
Past Shopping Cart
Since beginners may be looking for a cheaper, one-time payment solution, here is a list of shopping carts I used before with great success.
- DLGuard: I owe 5 figures of revenue to Sam Stephens and this fantastic shopping cart. It allowed me to sell my first product, WordPress PPC Theme and automatically add buyer’s to my autoresponder in GetResponse. Unfortunately, I outgrew this solution when I was in need of upsells, downsells and cross-sells for my promotions. If you’re starting out, this is the single best solution available. You’ll make back the cost of the product quickly as you build and monetize your email list.
- EasyClickMate: If you’re using Paypal or Clickbank, this software works flawlessly to deliver products securely within a member-like area. It also allows you to sell multiple products through one vendor account on Clickbank. Finally, it lets you capture your Clickbank Affiliates so you can keep in touch with them. This is the software of choice for Jimmy Brown.
Here’s what I use and recommend..
- Up to 1000 callers
- Schedule calls
- Record calls (to MP3)
- Download calls
- Allows dial-in playback
- Manage calls from the portal (mute people)
- Reporting and more…
I really can’t believe it’s free.